Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blisters

So I have literally walked like 25 miles since I have been here. I went to an interview in downtown today and took a long walk back to the apt, like 7 miles. But let me back track....

Yesterday was a grand adventure. George (Jordan's roommate) took me under his wing for a day out into town. He took me to lunch first at this place called the Grande Lux Cafe. You go in and immediately I felt like I was in like that restaurant/bar that you see in the Shining...it was beautiful. We went up on these escalators into this circular room that was beautiful. Cophers lined the ceilings. I had a chicken pot pie which was the best pot pie I have ever had. Also I had this drink called a Blood Orange Mojito (mmm mmm good). George and I really got to know each other and it was pretty cool. Then he took me around downtown and showed me the areas like The Gold Coast (which had lamborghini dealerships and just high fashion written all over the area). The trek back to the apt was strenuous but really fun.

When I got back I laid down, began reading a book called WORLD WAR Z. It is an oral history of the zombie war....its wild, makes me think its true. Watched Idol (Hope adam wins). Then George told me to come up to the roof with him and watch the sun set on top of our building. It was cool. Since the sun sets where the two major airports of chicago are, there is constant air traffic, it was a breathtaking site. Also we boy watched HAHA. Then around 9 the power went out. It was funny, but it brought the whole apt together. Everyone really likes me. We grilled out had bratwurst and corn. HAHA and i mixed all differnet kinds of alcohol in me which wasnt good. I had wine, beer, and vodka HAHA i had the hangover from hell the next morning. All in all this was the best day I have had since I have been here.

Now I sit here, I have an interview with urban outfitters in the morning tomorrow. I also had my 2nd interview with Buffalo exhange today, I think I may land a position there. Lets cross my fingers. I gots blisters on my feets!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment